Understanding the basics of WordPress operation and management. This series will walk you through the WordPress administration screens.
This series will walk you through the basics of WordPress administration screen by screen so you can begin being comfortable managing your new website.
An overview of the general layout of the WordPress admin and the home screen.
Creating and Managing Posts
The video below covers how to create and manage posts within your WordPress website. If your website is planning on having a blog or regularly updated news articles, this will be one of the first things you’ll set about doing.
Watch the video below to learn more about creating and managing posts within WordPress.
- Hover over “Posts” then click on “Add New”.
- Enter in a title, your post content using the visual editor and optionally enter in an excerpt.
- Select or add a category for your blog post, no more than 1 or 2 categories per post.
- Optionally add in tags for your post.
- Optionally add in a featured image for your post.
- Click “Publish”.
Editing a post is done the same way, except instead of “Publish”, the blue button on the right will say “Update”.
Adding and Managing Categories:
- Hover over “Posts” and click “Categories”.
- Enter in a category name, optionally a slug and parent if applicable.
- Click “Add New Category”
Tags are managed the same way, except under the “Tags” menu item under posts.
Get help and support by joining us on Slack!
LattePress offers free WordPress support via our Slack channel. Join us today and chat with the community or ask questions to our WordPress experts both publicly or privately via direct message.
Our team will do our best to help support you, answer questions, offer guidance or suggestions based on your needs. We're looking forward to chatting with you!
Need help? Get a free consultation.
If you have any questions at all and aren't sure which direction to take, click the button below to schedule a free consultation. Learn if what you need can be done on your own with our tutorials or if it will require custom development.