Understanding the basics of WordPress operation and management. This series will walk you through the WordPress administration screens.
This series will walk you through the basics of WordPress administration screen by screen so you can begin being comfortable managing your new website.
An overview of the general layout of the WordPress admin and the home screen.
Creating and Managing Pages in WordPress
Setting up pages is similar to posts, but pages will be mostly static content that make up the structure or containers for content of your website. In this video we discuss creating and managing pages, as well as dictating which page should act as our home page, and which should act as our blog page.
Please watch the video below to learn about building and managing your WordPress pages.
To create a page in WordPress:
- Hover over “Pages” in your WordPress admin menu and click “Add New”.
- Enter in a title and page content.
- If applicable, select a parent for this page. The parent and child relationship between pages helps us create a structure for our site, such as a “Services” page, and then individual pages for each of our services, which would select “Services” as the parent.
- Click “Publish”.
To determine which page should act as your home page and your blog page:
- Hover over “Settings” and click on “Reading”.
- To have your website landing/home page display your latest posts, make sure “Your Homepage displays” is set to “Your Latest Posts”.
- To have your website landing/home page display a static page called “Home” (or whatever you prefer to call it), change “Your Homepage displays” to “A Static Page”, then select your home page and blog page (posts page) from the respective dropdowns.
- Click “Save Changes”.
Get help and support by joining us on Slack!
LattePress offers free WordPress support via our Slack channel. Join us today and chat with the community or ask questions to our WordPress experts both publicly or privately via direct message.
Our team will do our best to help support you, answer questions, offer guidance or suggestions based on your needs. We're looking forward to chatting with you!
Need help? Get a free consultation.
If you have any questions at all and aren't sure which direction to take, click the button below to schedule a free consultation. Learn if what you need can be done on your own with our tutorials or if it will require custom development.